I don't know what else to do to win the VGMA Best Rapper award - Strongman laments

Showbiz TodaY
0

 Ghanaian rapper Strongman Burner has expressed his disappointment at not yet winning the coveted VGMA Best Rapper of the Year award despite being nominated for four consecutive years.


According to him, despite his exceptional skills, the award has eluded him time and again, leaving him questioning what more he can do to claim the coveted accolade.

Strongman, burst onto the music scene with his lyrical prowess and unique style, captivating audiences with his ability to weave words effortlessly. His early releases quickly gained traction, propelling him to stardom as a promising rapper in Ghana. The industry took notice, and it wasn't long before his name became synonymous with lyrical brilliance.

In an interview on TV3’s New Day, the rapper said that he has done all that could be done to win a VGMA but still has not been awarded yet although he is the only one in Ghana to hold the record of 4 consecutive Best Rapper nominations at VGMA.

"Four consecutive nominations is not an easy task, I am the only one on this soil, the only one in Ghana to have four years of four Best Rapper nominations" he said.

Speaking about not picking the award he said” For me not picking the award that is also another story because personally, I don’t know what I am supposed to do again. Because I have been doing it, for me to stay that consented for these number of years, it speaks volume and I am not angry I don’t win".

Responding to whether it is a fan base problem, promotional problem, or if he has not been fully accepted he added” They have accepted me, as I keep saying, for you to be in the nominations lists without missing out, because every rapper in Ghana has missed out, it should tell you I have been consistent and accepted.

The Best Rapper award may have eluded him thus far, but Strongman says he remains committed to pushing boundaries, challenging himself creatively, and leaving an indelible mark on the Ghanaian music industry.

WATCH VIDEO 

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !
To Top